Objectives of the Rotary Youth Exchange Program
1. To further international goodwill and understanding by enabling students to study some of the problems and accomplishments of people in lands other than their own.
2. To enable students to advance their education by studying for a year in an environment different from their own. To study courses and subjects some of which may not normally be available to them in a secondary school of their own country.
3. To broaden their own outlook by learning to live with, and meet people of different cultures, creeds, and colors than their own, and by having to cope with the day to day problems in an environment different from the one they have experienced at home.
4. To act as Youth Ambassadors for their own country by addressing Rotary Clubs, community organizations and youth groups in their host country and by imparting as much knowledge as they can of their own country and its problems to the people they meet during their exchange year.
5. To study and observe all facets of life and culture in the country where they are hosted, so that, on their return to their home country they can pass on the knowledge they have gained by once again addressing Rotary Clubs and other community organization and youth groups.